Lots of important info/ dates in this weekly update!
Please note all practice changes below for the month of April. You will only receive additional notification if further changes are made.
1.) Practice changes through the end of April-
- Friday March 27th- JUNIOR DRYLAND practice in the gym from 6:30-7:30 AM
- Pan Am pool practice- Saturday March 28th all Juniors and Seniors practice will take place at the Pan Am pool from 3:00- 5:00pm (875 Morningside Ave, Toronto, ON M1C 0C7).
- This is in place of the regularly scheduled AM practice. There will be no practice at MSC on the 28th.
- Seniors resume their regular scheduled practices on Wed April 1st (5:30 AM!)
- CLUB NIGHT- Tues April 7th 5:30- 7 PM
- Friday April 3rd- NO PRACTICE (both AM & PM)
- Saturday April 4th- Senior and Junior practice as usual
- Monday April 6th- ALL Juniors will practice from 4-5pm; ALL Monday Novices will practice from 5-6pm; Seniors will have dryland as usual in pm (no AM practice)
No practice on the following dates due to being away at Swim Meets! -
- Friday April 10th- no AM & PM Senior practices
- Saturday April 11th- no Junior or Senior practice
- Friday April 24th- no AM & PM Senior practices
- Saturday April 25th- no Junior or Senior practice
*** There will be NO PRACTICE on Wednesday April 22nd for all Novice, Junior and Senior swimmers as we would like to see ALL swimmers and ALL parents in the club at the presentation by Judy Goss. Info on that can be found below. Seniors will have AM practice as usual on the 22nd.
2.) Special Presentation by the Canadian Sport Institutes Sports Psychologist- Judy Goss- Wednesday April 22nd
Two presentations will take place on the 22nd in the Banquet Room at MSC.
- Swimmers presentation- 6:30- 7:15pm- Topics covered will include pre race nerves and routines, healthy self talk, and goal setting
- Parents presentation- 7:15- 8pm- Topics covered include healthy swim talk, supporting your athlete and how you can assist them to be the best they can be
- Again, there will be NO PM Practices on the 22nd as we would like to see all parents and swimmers out at this presentation.
3.) Chocolate Fundraiser!!
We will once again be selling chocolates to help raise funds for our MMST team. We are asking all families in the club to pick up and sell at least one box of chocolates. There will be prize $$ for those swimmers who sell the most boxes-
- $100 for selling the most boxes
- $50 for 2nd place
- $25 for 3rd place
For every box sold, swimmers will receive a chocolate bunny!
Chocolate boxes can be picked up from the office on Monday April 30th from 4:30- 7:30 PM.
Upcoming Swim Meet changes-
Please note the following CHANGES for the upcoming Mallards swim meet in Markham April 10th- 12th that meet management has made to accommodate all entries received-
1.) Friday April 10th session has been split into 2 sessions-
- 13 and over swimmers- Warm ups at 12:30; Start at 1:35pm
- 12 and under swimmers- Warm ups at 5pm; Start at 6pm
The 1500 Free for 13 and overs- the slower heat will swim on Friday (as originally scheduled) and the fastest seeded heat will swim on Saturday April 11th during the Finals session (warm up at 5:00; start at 5:50pm)